My 30th Year - Rachael S. Dunn Gets Braces

An adult braces journal (among other things)

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

More About The News

After visiting a few jewelry stores, I think Andy and I have found the jeweler we want to work with. His name is Brett and he's the owner of Decatur City Jewlers in Decatur, GA.

Brett carries the Beverley K Collection of platinum rings and believes firmly that smaller and flashier is better than dull and big. I like his philosophy! One other jeweler we visited was more about big, and on sacrificing some quality issues to get a bigger diamond. I'm sure ultimately the jeweler would have worked to get us what we wanted, not what they liked, but Brett's thinking fell in more with what I've decided I like.

Brett also doesn't do any advertising and hopes customers will come through with repeat business and will reccommend him to friends and family. He also realizes if you have an awesome, eyecatching diamond on your finger, people will notice it more than perhaps a bigger, less sparkly stone. Then you'll have an opportunity to drop his name as your jeweler.

As we were looking at the settings Brett had in the display case, he said he'd go pull a diamond for us to see in the settings. He asked what our overall budget was and without asking anything else about what we wanted in a stone came back with a:

round, ideal cut, 0.79 carat, SI2 clarity, I color stone.

The stone was marvelous. The ideal cut made it sparkle like nobody's business.

He also made us a discounted offer on the spot. After leaving the store, Andy and I decided this was the jeweler we wanted to work with. Then Andy told me to get lost and not mention it again.

I hope he's going to order the ring, but I don't know what his plans are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home