My 30th Year - Rachael S. Dunn Gets Braces

An adult braces journal (among other things)

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Forsus Springs

While looking up information on the Bite Turbos, I decided I would also look into Forsus Springs since I know I'll be getting them on one side to fix goofy alignment of the teeth (they don't meet as they should, which I think is some sort of an occlusion)

The ortho had said the spring replaces the older rubber bands that kids in grade school had linking the top teeth to the bottom teeth -- you know, the ones that make it difficult to open your mouth. I had an image in my mind of something small and unobtrusive.

I don't know what you think, but the springs are way bigger than I imagined and they don't look very appealing to me at all.



The spring also comes in a flat version. Not sure which I'm getting, but neither looks appealing!



Ha-ha. Things to look forward to.... Let's hope this thing isn't in my mouth for very long!!

For more information about Forsus springs, check out this 3M website link:
http://www.3m.com/us/healthcare/unitek/class_correction/forsus_resistant.jhtml

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous TayRay said...

im getting those on May 3rd kinda nervous about it i dont want it to make my face look fat or any weirder than already...

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Would love to see after photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home