My 30th Year - Rachael S. Dunn Gets Braces

An adult braces journal (among other things)

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ouch

Eating dinner last night was a chore. I feel a dull ache in my jaw, but that in itself is bearable. My teeth don't really hurt at the moment. But the inside of my mouth and my tongue are killing me!

The brackets didn't feel like much of anything yesterday morning, but by the evening, it felt like I had straight pins scratching the inside of my mouth every time my lips or face moved. The metal bands on my back teeth have some kind of bulky closure on the backside which also rubs the sides of my tongue as I talk or try to eat. That is really uncomfortable.

After feeling really stressed about trying to eat (leek and potato soup with lots of mushy bread), I was a little on edge. I know I'll get used to it, but in the meantime it stinks. I was starving and eating was not enjoyable at all.

I did have a beer with Andy last night. He ended up coming over because his power went out and the Gilly Girl was afraid -- she doesn't like storms. After a while, things didn't really seem so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home